Thursday, June 19, 2008

Not Sleepy!

I'm suppose to be asleep, but can't seem to get sleepy, so I wanted to at least sit down for a minute and say this week has been a good week. Crusaders Camp is going on and I've heard we have about 500 "little" campers here. We're so use to seeing adults on the campground, and my husband said, "It looks like a bunch of little ants running all over the place!" It's so cute to see these "little people" making friends, enjoying fellowship, playing ball, and having the "time of their lives". My favorite time of the day is to drive around in the golf cart and see them headed to church! They are young, but you can tell they have a purpose as they walk toward the tabernacle.

Wendell and I rode over to the tabernacle the other night to see what was happening and when we walked through the door our kids from home spotted us. It was a grand reunion for several minutes! I have to admit that I cried a few tears. It made me a little homesick to see them and to see those who came to help this week. You cannot love people deeply without hurting when you leave them. Some say you shouldn't love people very much because you're going to get hurt. Well, I have to ask, "What is life about if you can't love others?" I have wonderful memories down deep in my heart that no one can take away. Those memories may make me smile, laugh, cry, or just "remember", but when they do I know I am blessed to have known and loved the people in my life.

I will close with what happened to tonight at church. I was sitting, holding our "sleeping Ashlyn" when again a few of the kids from Life Tabernacle spotted Bro. Elms and me. They came back to give us hugs, and after a little time went by I said to them, "Don't ya'll need to go up front and pray?" Howie looked at me and said, "No, I prayed yesterday, and I prayed the day before, so I don't need to pray today!" LOL! I loved it and loved him for being so open! LOL! That's why I love kids. They just "tell it like it is".

I do have a few pictures, but it would take too long to post them tonight. My eyes are getting a little heavy, so I think I will try to go to sleep. I'll be checking back in soon.

5 comments:

Tammy Bryant said...

Awwww........that is my Howie! LOL!! I was wide awake last night too in Dallas & thought about you. I did not bring my computer & almost texted you. Thanks for loving my baby & so many others.

Rochelle said...

It must be going around in Texas... I couldn't sleep last night either!! I'm so glad you got a few hugs from the kids. They miss you too!!

And I'm not sure life would be worth much if we didn't love others... I can't imagine. This actually made me start to think about how it must feel to go through life without being loved by others. What a lonely feeling. But we have a Father that will always love us!! Speaking about loving... Have you seen my daughter running around there anywhere? :)

Linda Elms said...

Tammy, your "babies" are easy to love.

Rochelle, you probably couldn't sleep for thinking about Keilani being "so far away from home". :) I've been looking for her this week, but haven't met her. It's funny that you would ask, because last night I saw a girl that I thought might be her, but it wasn't. She'll be home soon!

Unknown said...

Linda, it sounds like you and Wendell are doing a great job there at the camp ground.

Not love people? That's ridiculous and utterly impossible if we're truly given to our jobs.

Love you...maybe some day at Texas camp we'll meet up again.

sjb

Linda Elms said...

Sis. Buxton, we would love to see you at TEXAS Camp Meeting sometme. We've had a great time this year!