
We were suppose to be leaving for Jackson, TN today to preach for Donald and Bridget Lance, (Jackson Church in the photo) but my husband came down with bronchitis and he has been VERY SICK! The Lance's were disappointed, but understanding. We were disappointed! We really wanted to go. We enjoyed being in services with them when we were there last year. The church was looking forward to Bro. Elms ministry, but we'll have to wait for another opening on the calendar. God knows! So, I am looking forward to the services this weekend here at Life Tabernacle. It's always hard to be gone from home, because you never know what is going to happen! Healings, deliverance, salvation, a mighty move of the Holy Ghost? There is no telling what God will do. Thank you all who have been praying for my husband. He is still really sick, but getting a little better each day. This too shall pass.
If you live in Wichita Falls you need to drive by our church! They FINISHED pouring the parking lot yesterday! It looks GREAT!
If you live in Wichita Falls you need to drive by our church! They FINISHED pouring the parking lot yesterday! It looks GREAT!
13 comments:
I am so sorry that Bro. Elms is still not feeling well. I will be praying, but I confess to being glad that you guys will be home this weekend. I sure miss you when you are gone! No one quite compares to the two of you!
boy i cant beleive i have to preach my own one year anniversery service i am depressed angry and bitter about the whole situation. i am going to have to pray hours to get over this one. well i guess i will go, go study that is to find out what to preach about your self at your own annn ah forget it
Felicia, thank you for your sweet note and for praying for Bro. Elms. I will see you tomorrow.
Bro. ANONYMOUS! Well, I think I just figured out "why" my husband got sick. Could it be your "attitude is being tested"? LOL! (just teasing of course) We saw that you do have a great speaker for Sunday night, and I'm sure you'll never miss us, but we sure hope you do! LOL! Also, you will do a fantastic job of preaching your own anniversary service. Surely, something will work out in the calendar before too long. Love ya'll!
So sorry Bro. Elms is not feeling well.
I was hoping to see pictures of the new parking lot (hint hint...)!
Thank you Carla. You will see pictures soon, I'm sure. Give me a few days and I will not let you down!:)
We have been praying for Bro. Elms. I am so excited about the parking lot. We planned on that one for a LOOOONG time and it is finally reality (and was really needed!) That is awesome. I can't wait to park on it. Maybe we will get to come home someday!
Thank you Gene, for praying. We really appreciate it. Yes, we planned for a long time to have the beautiful parking lot and now we do. I can't wait for ya'll to see it!
I am sorry that Bro. Elms isn't feeling well. I will be praying for him. He needs to take it easy for a few days. The parking lot is looking good, including the freshly laid cement.
Sorry your honey has been ill. Did you guys put concrete or blacktop for your parking lot? We are getting ready to do our parking lot. UGH!!! It is SOOOOOO expensive. We are planning to do concrete.
Sis Elms, sorry to here that your husband is not well, We will continue to pray, Cheri
Patti, thank you for your prayers. I'm sure he will be doing good, soon.
Jana, thank you for your concern. On the parking lot....we had black top and the contractors took it all up before pouring the concrete. It looks wonderful! You are right when you say it's expensive, but we felt it was worth the cost. You need to come see it! LOL!
Oh, Linda, I would love to come see it! We have maintained our black top for nearly 40 years, but it just can't last anymore. We have done well with, but it is completely worn out now. The contractor told us it would actually be the same cost whether we chose blacktop or concrete because oil costs have gone up so much. We are planning to do concrete for several reasons - we don't have to put that yucky coating on it every year, concrete looks better, and it is so much cleaner. Our carpet has suffered from feet carrying in "blacktop." I must admit our church looks beautiful considering its age. We have some really great people who help us maintain it. Thank God for good people!!
Jana, I know exactly what you're talking about the "black top" being tracked into the church on the carpet! We had to replace our hall carpeting because of this and it wasn't that old. It just looked terrible. No matter how hard our "Palace Keepers" worked they couldn't get it clean, or keep it clean. I agree with you on the people of God. They are WONDERFUL! I've got a church full of them and I'm thankful, thankful, thankful!
Post a Comment