Thursday, February 15, 2007

Don't Lose Hope

Just before retiring for the night I wanted to write something that came to my mind and I hope will encourage you to keep walking with the Lord.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

I sometimes can't hardly wait until this great day comes! I know many people who are going through so much hurt, sickness, pain, and sorrow, but I want to remind you that we have a HOPE! Our hope is that someday.....SOMEDAY we will never have to go through anymore pain or sorrow. There will be no more tears. No disappointments! No sickness! Our HOPE is HEAVEN!

When Mother was in her final days in this life she said to Daddy, "Murray, will you tell me about Heaven, again?" Daddy would sit by her bed, holding her hand, and he would talk about Heaven. How beautiful it was going to be. Jasper walls, gates of pearl, streets of gold, a chrystal river, the Tree of Life, and the greatest part of it all was Jesus sitting on the throne and when we all got there we were going to "meet in front of the throne". She would relax and rest for awhile longer knowing that her HOPE was steadfast and sure!

All my life I remember sitting around the family dinner table, or the fireplace and Daddy would start talking about Heaven. He made it so beautiful that you wouldn't want to miss it for anything this world had to offer! We would sometimes be standing outside, and he would look up in the sky at the white clouds sailing across the blue sky, and he would say, "I wonder if that's the cloud Jesus will be coming on?" He kept heaven in our minds. He never wanted us to forget where our HOPE was.

There is a song Daddy and Mother use to sing and it was simply called "Heaven". As they lifted their voices together in harmony, I felt my heart longing to go there.

Since childhood I've heard of a heaven. And I wondered if it could be true. That there were sweet mansions eternal. In that land beyond the blue. I pondered could people really go there, then one day sweet Jesus came in.
And I caught a vision of glory, my heart with all heaven did blend.

Heaven.......happy home above.
Heaven.......land of peace and love.
Oh, it makes me feel like traveling on.
Heaven.......eternal.
Heaven.......supernal.
Oh, I'm so glad that it's real!


My dear friends and loved ones. Don't get burdened down with this world. Don't be discouraged with your life. Jesus knows exactly where you are and how much you can bear. It will be worth it all when we see Him!

There'll be no sorrow there. No more burdens to bear.
No more sickness, no pain.
No more parting over there.
And forever I will be with the One Who died for me.
What a day, glorious day that will be.

What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see.
When I look upon His face, the one Who saved me by His grace.
When He takes me by the hand, and leads me to that Promised Land.
What a day, glorious day that will be!

If Jesus should come today I want to remind you that I will meet you "in front of the throne"! Are you going to meet me there?

15 comments:

Cheri said...

Thank you Sis Elms, you dont know how much this is helping me right now, I appreciate you listening to your heart and encouraging those close to you and even the ones that dont personally know you "yet" God Bless, Cheri

Keith and Carla said...

Yes, I plan on meeting you "there!" It will be a glorious day.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so inspiring Sister Elms. It gives a great start to my day!

Joseph James said...

I have always remembered one day when we were driving in the car to somewhere- I have no idea where- and my brother and I were playing in the backseat, probably not more than six or seven year old.
The light was pouring through the clouds in bright, beautiful rays and my Mother commented on how that is how the sky would look when Jesus returned. Ever since that day I always look at the clouds in a different way.
Whenver I see a sky that looks similar, I always wonder if 'that' is 'the' cloud. LOL I guess that's how it is when you long for home.

Jana Allard said...

"When you look for me, look around the throne, I'll be singing with the Angel Band, singing Glory to His Name and forever I'll proclaim..." What a beautiful blog! Such a refreshing read after this hectic day!

Karen Prince said...

What a day that will be.....
Thanks for the reminder.

Linda Elms said...

Thank you my wonderful friends and family! "Won't it be wonderful there! Having no burdens to bear. Joyously singing with heart-bells all ringing. Won't it be wonderful there!" I start thinking about all the children of God who are going to be there and my heart jumps for joy and excitement. I think we ought to talk about Heaven more than anything else! This world isn't worth the attention we give it. It will all vanish away someday and I want to be GONE!

Carol said...

Hi, Linda, my first visit to you..Thankyou for dropping by and leaving your wonderful message...and thankyou for sharing your words too..

Linda Elms said...

Carol, I'm so glad you dropped by to visit my blog. I enjoyed reading your beautiful poetry. Come back again, soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,
Thanks for dropping by my blog and for your kind words.

This post is very encouraging. I look forward to coming back and reading more.

What part of Texas are you in? We're in the Temple/Belton area.

Blessings,
David.

Linda Elms said...

Thank you David for stopping by. I hope you come again and read. I trust that my posts will be uplifting to you. Sometimes I enjoy writing about "home" things, but I also enjoy writing about "God things" as you can see. He is so great and I love lifting Him up. My husband and I live in North Central Texas. (close to the Oklahoma border)

Anonymous said...

I should have looked a little harder in your blog and would've found that! :-) Thanks and God bless.

David.
gritsngrace.wordpress.com

Linda Elms said...

Not a problem, David! Have a great day.

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

Ron has been preaching a sermon on heaven. Your posting reminded me of the old song:
"It will be worth it all when we see Jesus, Life's trials will seem so small, When we see Him...
One glimpse of His dear face, all sorrow will erase...so bravely run the race, til we see Christ"
Heaven will be wonderful because Jesus is there.
Ron's dad said that in the early days of pentecost, they had to be careful about mentioning heaven because everyone wanted so to go there.When they would talk about or sing about heaven, that would be the end of the service.

Today I'm afraid so many are so comfortable here in this world that we do not think about that "city" where the "lamb is the light" nearly often enough.
Thanks for provoking out thoughts.
I'm so thankful this world is not my home...

Linda Elms said...

Jerry Ann, it is so good to hear from you again. I want to go there to meet my friends and loved ones! I love the old songs about heaven. Thank you for writing.