I'm blessed and I know that I am! I'm blessed and I know that I am! I'm blessed and I know that I am! I'm so glad to know that I am, oh yes, I'm so glad to know that I am!
Satisfied and I know that I am! I'm satisfied and I know that I am! Satisfied and I know that I am! I'm so glad to know that I am, oh yes, I'm so glad to know that I am!"
For some reason this song popped into my head tonight. We sung it when I was a teenager. I know it's repetitious, but it tells exactly how I feel this evening. To think I have found salvation in the power of repentance, baptism in Jesus Name, and the infilling of the Holy Ghost is the greatest realization that a person can have! Now, all I have to do is cultivate my relationship with God, love Him, live my life to please Him and I've got it made! I am SAVED from this old world of sin, and I'm glad that I am!
What a peace and joy fills my heart as I sit in my lovely home listening to the wind blow outside. It is bringing in another "cold front" and I'm warm and cozy as I write this post. I thank God for His BLESSINGS! He has given me so much! The material things are very much appreciated and I tell Him "thank you" all of the time for those things, but the reality of my blessings are, that I have two sons in the ministry, married to gorgeous girls who love the Lord with all of their hearts, and want to please Him in everything they do! They are beautiful examples of what a Christian should be. Then, of course, my wonderful grand-daughters! I will just say this tonight about them....the two oldest ones LOVE to worship the Lord in church and it thrills me when I see their hands lifted in praise to God, or see them singing to the top of their lungs as the congregation sings. The two youngest ones will learn soon.
I also have two beautiful, loving, caring, and fun sisters who are married to preachers and they both pastor growing churches! Ronda and her husband Nathan pastor in California, and their "kids" are living for God and working for Him. Karla and Gene are pastoring a thriving, growing church here in Texas and their two boys are living for the Lord, and love playing the drums and bass for the church services.
And of course, I must mention my Godly husband! I don't have to mention him because "I don't want him to think I left him out", I have to mention Him because he is the greatest man in the world! Every lady should feel that way about her husband! I sure won't argue with you about that one. :)
I'm just overwhelmed with the "goodness and blessings of God" in my life!! We have a wonderful congregation to pastor. They "love" God, they want to "please" God, they are "willing" to do anything they can for God. So, what better combination can you get? I just have to say it again.....
I'm blessed and I know that I am!
Now, in the last part of this post I want to say...
I'M SATISFIED! I wouldn't trade my life with anyone, anywhere, anyplace! God has been so good to me! I'm not bragging..........I'm giving HIM PRAISE!
12 comments:
Ronda, I do remember that meeting. It's beautiful to see ladies who love the life they are living! The song you wrote, "Serving God Is Beautiful" is still one of my top favorites! It speaks of what life should be with God. Thank you for writing! Love you!
Amen! "Serving God IS Beautiful"!! I wouldn't trade my life for any other in the world!!
Amen and amen and amen! I included an old Andrae Crouch song on my project titled Satisfied. Wouldn't trade my life with God for anything!
Sis Elms, this is awesome, I am blessed that I go to a strong and thriving Church, I never would of thought me of all people GOD would call to His kingdom, I am thankful, Serving God Is Beautiful, I just learned to Sign this Song, it is so awesome to know that God is Beautiful, thank you for this it makes me want to share with all the ladies I know, God Bless
Sis. Elms,
I woke up with the same feeling this morning and hadn't even read your blog until now! We are sooo...blessed!!!
Awesome post! I, too, am so thankful for the blessings in my life. I'm thankful that God showed me the truth about Him and salvation! I never want to take that for granted! Where would I be without the Lord? Not where I am now, for sure. Yes! Serving God IS beautiful!
Love you!
Hello everyone! I love sharing the "good news" of how beautiful it is serving God. Thanks for writing.
This is a comment I received from my cousin Valere. For some reason it did not get to the blog, so I am passing it on.
"After reading this voice of praise....I wanted to say I am blessed to have this fine wonderful lady (linda) as my cousin. Along with her and the prayers of many more of my wonderful family (karla and ronda) I am still here. I love you all.....and full of love for you all this Valentine's Day."
We love you Valere and have been praying for you!
I want to tell everyone how inspiring all of your words are...you have no idea how much they strengthen me to do the things I need to do, to make a change toward the right in my life...I again want to be able to say
" Serving God is Beautiful"
God Bless You all.
Oh Valere! You will be able to say "Serving God Is Beautiful"! We haven't prayed all these years for no reason. I've been waiting for this day. I love you and will continue praying. Thank you for writing, again.
I'm a little behind in reading because I'm on the road, but I loved this post also! Your words are so inspiring. "Serving God is beautiful" and I am so thankful I have no regrets and I have friends like you that are excited about what we are doing. It was good to talk to you.
Jerry Ann, I'm glad I got to talk to you the other day. It was so nice hearing your voice. I really do get excited about what you're doing. Travelling and preaching at this time of life would be enjoyable. Your husband has so much to offer through his ministry and you're a great encourager and a caring friend. Love you!
Post a Comment