Saturday, February 24, 2007

Parent Talk

Today was a great day here at Life Tabernacle! We had all morning and part of the afternoon full of teaching to parents about how to SAVE OUR CHILDREN! Parent Talk is what we call this day, and it has been very successful in helping parents understand today's children and teens.

Bro. Joseph Ouellette taught on "Spiritual Reproduction". He had some great insight on this subject. Joseph is a public school educator and always delivers his message well.







Bro. Andrew Elms
taught "Lost In Cyberspace". There was some SCARY stuff in this. We want our kids to be saved, so we better sit up and take notice of what they are getting involved in on their computers! We've heard about the internet before and all that it has to offer, both good and bad, but it hit home again today. Pray saints, pray, and do whatever you have to do to SAVE OUR CHILDREN!

Pastor Elms taught "Fourteen Rules of Child-Raising".
This lesson is the one his mother, Mom Elms, taught when she was asked to teach on how she raised her boys. She was a very successful Mom and knew how to raise kids! Her four boys all grew up to live for God and become preacher's of the Gospel. I'm privileged to be married to one of them and be a part of a great family!! After Bro. Elms finished I interviewed Sis. Johnnie Hale.
Sis. Johnnie is a beautiful lady, who has raised her FIVE children (three boys, two girls) to be responsible and respectful. Life Tabernacle loves her and her family very much! We always enjoy it when her "kids" come to visit. What she had to say today was so rich. She told us the "bottom line"....."I'm MAMA, and whatever MAMA says, they do!" Her adult children know she's MAMA and there is no fussing about what she has to say and what she expects out of them to this very day! (they range in ages 27 to 43) It was GREAT! If parents would raise their children like she did hers they wouldn't have the trouble they do with them.

Besides having wonderful teaching, the fellowship was great, and Bro. Andrew and Sis. Mandy had delicious snacks and drinks. Sis. Mandy did a beautiful job of setting up the "food table". I'm so thankful to be a part of a church who loves their kids and young people enough to spend the time and energy to train both parents and kids.

Note: I'm sorry I didn't have a picture of my husband teaching. I was too caught up in what he was saying and didn't think about the camera, but during a break I did catch this one of him and little Ashlyn Kate! Isn't it sweet?

8 comments:

Madison S. said...

Oh I am so glad you caught that picture I was afraid you had missed this. It was soooo cute to see the sparkle a grandaughter could put in his eye at only 1 1/2 months old. and she looks like Bro. Elms just hung the moon for her. so precious :)

Karla said...

LOVE the picture of Wendell and Ashlyn!! Glad ParentTalk was great again this year - as usual!

Jana Allard said...

What a neat class to offer parents. It sounds like it was really great!

Keith and Carla said...

"Parent Talk" sounds like a great idea. How often do you have it?

The picture of Bro. Elms and Ashlyn - priceless!

Linda Elms said...

Julie, I'm glad I caught this, also. She was really enjoying her Papa!

Karla, you're going to love Ashlyn Kate! She already looks like she is falling in love with her Papa Elms. I missed you at Parent Talk this year. I've been really lonely lately. It's been too long!

Jana and Carla, thank you for stopping by. The Parent Talk has been a great success for our church families and we really enjoy it. We have it once a year, but I think I've heard a little talk that some parents would like to have it more often. There's a lot of things that could be covered.

Linda Elms said...

Thank you Ronda. Ashlyn is wanting to meet her great-aunts. You and Karla need to come see her before she's 2 years old! LOL!

Anonymous said...

ME TOO! I love the picture of Bro Elms and Ashlyn Kate. I'm actually a little jealous! hmmm Is that okay?!?! lol
Thanks for your site; I really enjoy it when I stop by.

Linda Elms said...

Kathy, I'm so happy you stopped by and left a message! Ashlyn is wanting to be held by her "Great-aunt Kathy" also. It's just terrible you are so far away, but we will do all we can to keep you informed. Since Mandy started her blog I'm sure you will be visiting there often. Thanks again for saying "hello". Come back soon.