Thursday Night, Feb 1Low: 23 °F RealFeel®: 13 °F
Alright, I have to admit (Joseph) IT IS COLD and going to get COLDER! Today won't be too bad, but tonight in Wichita Falls it's going to be 23 degrees but it will FEEL LIKE 13! Now, that means you must be at home in a warm cozy robe, or pajamas, with furry slippers and a fire in the fireplace!!! If you don't have a fireplace, then by all means, get you an electric heater, plug it in and sit in front of it and be thankful you've got a heater! As for us, we are headed to Jon and Brenda's to "see the girls, and of course, Jon and Brenda". Somehow when the grand-babies come along the "kids" always think that we "only come to see the grand-babies" so I had to say it like that!" Any other grandparent out there know what I'm talking about? LOL! We always "reassure them that they are just as important as the girls", let's just look at it the right way "if it wasn't for them, there would be no grand-babies"! LOL I am really stretching this out of proportion, as you know, but it's all in fun! I am looking forward to seeing Savanna and Scarlet and can't wait to feel their little arms around my neck, and feel their "little bodies", as Mom Elms used to say about our boys. I'm also looking forward to seeing our son, and hearing his voice when he says, "Hi, Mom. Glad ya'll are here!" and Brenda, well....she's just a doll and always gets so excited when we are in her home. She treats us just like her "own parents" and always has! Today, I am so thankful for our family....Jonathan, Brenda, Savanna, Scarlet, Andrew, Mandy, Alayna, and Ashlyn! My cup is running over with JOY! I will leave you with a little song my mother sung to us kids when it was COLD and FOGGY in the California valley.
K-k-k-k-k-katie! K-k-k-k-k-katie!
I'll be standing at your k-k-k-kitchen door!
When the m-m-m-m-m-m-moooon shines,
Over the c-c-c-c-cow shed,
I'll be standing at your k-k-k-kitchen door!
Ya'll have a warm, cuddly, cozy, day!
10 comments:
o wow sounds like youre all comfy. I love your song about k-k-k-k-katie! Lol on the cold days whenever we were little my and bro and i would set up the chairs in our living room and put a blicket over the top like a tent and then we would go inside cuddle with like a zillion blankets and pretend we were on an expidition. Lol just one of those random cold memories... but i hope we have a really warm spell come through
I agree, on a cold day there is no place like in front of the fireplace with a good book! Mine burns on a regular basis. My "little men" are more than happy to bring in logs to keep it going. Our favorite thing to do is roast marshmellows.
Heather, that sounds like a fun time! I have a lot of memories like this with my brother when we were little kids.
Stephanie, it's neat you have the "little men" to bring in the logs for you. I'm sure it's warm and cozy in front of the fire.
I LOOOOOVE the cold and cloudy weather. It's PERFECT. Although too much of it gets old...but it's not old yet. :) I dread the 100+ temps that are just around the corner. And here I am talking about the weather....again. The girls tease me and say I shoulda been a meterologist. Well, have fun in RAAANNNGER!
Kassie, I agree on the hot weather that is going to be here before we know it. I would rather have the cold, cold weather than the HOT SUMMER! I enjoy the coziness of winter. We are having a nice time with the family. Thank you for writing.
I love the fall and spring here in Texas. I just wish that they would be longer. I have to admit I am looking forward to spring, but not the summer heat. I am in the mood to see some flowers bloom and enjoy sitting outside in our sunroom.
Well, we had a beautiful 54 degree day. Absolutely perfect! Wish we could have it that way all the time. Guess we do have to take rain to get flowers, huh?
I love to snuggle up right next to the fire. I have enjoyed these cold days. Sitting on the back porch is wonderful watching it rain.
Sis. Elms -- I hope you got my voice mail. Tell the sweet girls hello. And of course tell them Howie said hello with a big smile.
Misty, I agree with you! I wish the spring and autumn seasons were longer in Texas, also, but I really have enjoyed the COLD weather this winter.
Jana, enjoy the 54 degrees since pretty soon in the San Jaquin valley it will be HOT, HOT, HOT! I remember those temperatures soaring into the triple digits, just like it does here! I will take the cold over hot any day.
How I long for HOT HOT HOT! lol
Post a Comment