Saturday, February 03, 2007

Back Home

Hello everyone! I've been away from the computer for a few days so I wanted to let you know that I'm still around! We had a wonderful time at Jonathan and Brenda's. We drove in the snow almost the whole way. When we left Wichita Falls it started snowing and continued till we got to Ranger.
It was very enjoyable driving through the beautiful country being covered with snow.We couldn't resist stopping and taking a picture of this Texas long-horn. He was definitely looking us over!
We got there on Thursday afternoon, went to supper, went back to the house, got comfortable and there we stayed until we left today. It was so nice getting to hug on Savanna and Scarlet.
We took care of them for a few hours while Jon and Brenda were gone and thoroughly enjoyed it. After a time of Savanna being in my lap and talking about her "life" she made her way over to Papa's lap and there she stayed for about an hour playing tic-tac-toe. I could hear the competition happening across the room. LOL! I think Savanna even beat Papa in a few games. Scarlet crawled up in my lap and we sang, and said rhymes, wiggled our nose, made "rabbit lips", pretty eyes, and all the things you do with a 2 year old. We had so much fun! It was like they realized they had us all to themselves without any adults around and took full advantage of it. When we were travelling we received a phone call that someone was trying to reach us, so I made a phone call and found out it was Rick,an old friend. Rick was bringing someone up to visit Daddy and Mother's grave. I was so surprised to find out that Dave was with him. Rick, Dave and I were young people together in Fresno.
Wendell and I met them for supper and had a nice time of visiting. We enjoyed some laughs and shed a few tears. Dave is married to my childhood friend, Sharon. Sharon and I were 9 years old when we met. Her Dad (Herman) and my Dad, were friends when they were boys. (that's just a little history I thought you would enjoy even though a lot of you do not know these people) You know, life has a way of sneaking up on you and it flies by faster than you can say "scat"! It's great having new friends, but there is nothing like getting to talk about the "old days" with someone you've known most of your life. Am I sounding old or what? LOL! I guess my point is, as you get older you start realizing the importance of relationships. We enjoyed the visit!

9 comments:

Linda Elms said...

Ronda, I couldn't believe it when I found out who was coming! You sound as shocked as I was. LOL! Yellow MG? I'm trying to recall. It's been so many years ago, now. My word! I've been married almost 35 years, and I knew these guys before then! How time flies by!

Jana Allard said...

The snow pics look like postcards, the girls are gorgeous, seeing old friends,.....it just couldn't get much better.

One Crazy Bunch said...

I liked your pictures of the snow. They reminded me of pictures from Montana winters. I cannot believe how fast those grandbabies are growing up! They are beautiful. Your picture of old friends reminds me of the song Old Friends, what blessings they are.

Karla said...

WOW!!

#1 - I LOVE the picture of the longhorn in the snow.

#2 - I LOVE the picture of Savana and Scarlet in front of the fireplace.

#3 - Rick and Dave! How awesome is that?! I know y'all had a great time.

Tammy Bryant said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful time and were surprised and blessed with memories again. I am sure the only thing that could have gotten better for you this weekend was to be taken up to heaven in a whirlwind. I love to see you pictures and hear your stories.

Anonymous said...

Love the pics of the snow. So pretty. Those grandaughters are SO cute! Have their parents talked about giving them another sister or a brother? Have good church today! Love you!

bouellette said...

Beautiful pictures and glad you had a chance to spend time with old friends. That is always a blessing.

Katie Booker said...

Wow...I haven't seen Dave in YEARS and I live only 4 hours away from Fresno. I'm not sure I know who Rick is though.
On the snow...I would have LOVED to see the Texas Long horn!! HOW AWESOME he looks!

Linda Elms said...

Katie, it sounds like we're in the same boat about Dave, except I live miles and miles, and miles, and miles from Fresno! Dave doesn't live there anymore so you wouldn't have seen him if you went. Rick is Dave's BEST FRIEND. They both got the Holy Ghost in Fresno during the '70's. About the long-horn....I LOVE seeing these beautiful animals standing in the fields. They are always so "TEXAS"! LOL!