Sunday night we had Missionary Hemus and his beautiful family with us!

When I walked off of the platform after choir warm-up I went to speak to Sis. Hemus and welcome her to our church. We visited a few moments, and when I turned around a lot of the young people had come over to the orchestra area and was talking and visiting with Haley and Patrick Hemus. It was like they were "old friends". I felt UNITY flowing from the group and was so proud of them. It was more than them being friendly, it was an awakening in the spirit to UNITY once again! Then the service started and from the first word of "Oh Magnify the Lord with me. Let us exalt His Name together...." the presence of God was moving and people were in "one mind and one accord"! The choir sang, and it was wonderful. Bro. Elms then introduced Missionary Hemus. He is from the United Kingdom, (Liverpool) so he definitely has the English broque, which was fun to hear. (even though I couldn't understand him at times) He told me, "You American's just need to think faster!" LOL! They gave their presentation along with a fantastic DVD of the work there. As we were watching it you could feel the power of God moving throughout the congregation. Bro. Hemus went back to the pulpit to preach, and then I saw my husband do something I've never seen him do before. He stepped up to Bro. Hemus and asked him for the microphone, then told him "you can be seated". Then, he told the church that he felt we needed to bless these missionaries with a "special offering". He had an amount in mind, but didn't tell the church what it was. We took an offering and during the offering there was prayer going on. You could feel it building, and building, and building, until there was a MIGHTY MOVE of the HOLY GHOST! There was tongues and interpretation from God to the Hemus family, and then intercession was made for them. I feel the presence of God as I'm writing this today! It was so powerful and needed. You never know what a Missionary family may be going through when they come to your church. We need to be sensitive to them in every way when they are with us. They are not just "another missionary" coming to our church. They are "men and women and children of God" who have been called, chosen, and faithful. We should honor them, bless them, and take care of their needs as much as possible. Doing this requires us all to be "senstive in the Holy Ghost" so that God will flow through us as a church body to bless them. I don't know why I'm writing this, but maybe someone will read it and re-think their "lost burden" for those who are serving our King. Now, I will go on.....after the time of intercessory prayer, Bro. Hemus told us while he was praying that he knew God had sent angels from this service to go and bring victory to the United Kingdom! Our church secretary then came in to tell Bro. Elms how much had been given in the offering so he could tell the church, but I can't tell you.........that may be posted later.........all I can say right now is it was far more than what we expected! Thank God for saints who love His work and want to give time, money, prayer, and care to those who are called of God to bring the gospel to the lost and I give honor to men and women who preach the gospel no matter where they are! They may be here in America or on foreign soil. God BLESS PREACHERS of the WORD who bring TRUTH to the world!!
20 comments:
I could feel the presence of God as I was reading this. It was so incredible to see how God worked in the service last night. Eddie and I count it an honor and a blessing to have been able to give to the Hemus family. God has given so much to us. How can we not give to others?
Yes, last night we wished we had a million dollars to give to them last night, but God knows what to do with what we could give. We agree that it is an honor to give! I love how you captured and painted a wonderful portrait of yesterday. It makes my heart run over to think of what we all felt last night.
I agree I can still feel God's presence while reading your post also. I am excited about prayer tonight because of lastnight's service. I never that of the United Kingdom. When Bro. Hemus told the church what he was going to preach about, that we will never fail.I really needed to hear that. Thank God for what he is going!
Sounds wonderful! So glad God is working in your midst.
Incredible!!! Hearing all of these great reports makes the bones fat!
I remember as a teenager going to England on the International Youth Corp trip. We visited Liverpool and other cities while we were there. There weren't very many missionaries there at that time (1985). Thank God for people who are willing to sacrifice and go abroad to spread this precious truth!
And wasn't our young deaf boy such a blessing to watch him sing and worship God. It was a very exciting service and God is truely awesome. Words can not express our God.
Carla, I remember you going on that missions trip and how much you enjoyed it. I wish you could meet Bro. and Sis. Hemus. You would really enjoy visiting with them.
Barbara, our little "deaf friend" was wonderful last night. I did not get to see him signing as much as everyone else did, but I've heard the reports of how beautfiul it was. I'm so excited about what God is doing in that family.
We had an incredible service. The Presence of God was so strong, we must never underestimate the Power of Prayer. I am excited about what God is doing.
I'm glad you stopped by, Patti. I always like hearing from you!
Hi, Linda, just popping by, thanks for your visit..
Thank you Ronda! We sing the song, "Something Good Is On It's Way"! I believe it! When people give to the Kingdom they can't help but be blessed in their lives.
Awesome! I wish I could've heard their accents! lol And by the Way Sis. Elms I made a post, just for you! lol So don't hurt me or whatever you had in mind! lol
Hey, Kristopher! Good to hear from you! I'm glad you made a post, "just for me"! LOL! Also, you can hear Bro. Hemus on our webpage. You will love it! I'm heading to your blog.
Thank you Sis Elms and the great family at Life Tabernacle. We were so blessed Sunday night..only God knows how much! He is such an on time God!! I thank Him so much for the churches and individuals he uses to bless and teach us. Life Tabernacle is truly and special part of the body of Christ. Thank you for responding to the Holy Spirit and we are so excited that Liverpool, England has a connection to such great saints of God led by an anointed pastor and wife! May God bless you abundantly.
Thanks so much for sharing your WOW! Anyone that was in service on Sunday night can not deny the "WOW" that was there. What a connection to brothers and sisters in Christ! The presence of God was so thick, you just wanted Him to take us all up in a cloud of glory right then and there.
It was definitely an honor to give to those that give of themselves "constantly", thanks for moving in that direction. I loved the way it poured over into Monday night prayer -- Praise the Lord!
I look forward to hearing about the great revival in Liverpool.
It was a great richness in my spirit to hear Bro. and Sis. Hemus Sunday. All I could thing of was "Wow, wouldn't it be neat if we could load up the church and go to Liverpool and drop in on their church services unannounced." Hope we get to here him preach here in the future. It was truly an amazing service
Sis. Hemus, I'm so thrilled that you wrote here on my blog! Your words are so sweet. Thank you for giving to the Lord. We're the ones that were blessed by ya'll being here. There was definitely a connection to you and your saints in Liverpool. We are praying for a MIGHTY REVIVAL to spread throughout the United Kingdom. We look forward to having you back again, soon. God bless you and the family!!
Tammy, I wonder if there is another word in the English language that we could use that would actually tell how we feel? WOW, WOW, WOW, just doesn't seem to be enough, does it?
James, it would be a wonderful trip to take with the choir, wouldn't it? To step into Liverpool with our choir, lifting HIM up in our song and praise and experiencing the power of God in the services would be AWESOME!
That comment about the choir and Liverpool deserves another....
WOW!!! I just knew you would enjoy that.
Have a great day and I can never say "thanks" enough.
Tammy, I did enjoy another WOW! Thank you! :)
Post a Comment