Tuesday, February 02, 2016
Stop...Someone's Hurting!
The last few days I've had a memory come to me several times. We had just buried my mother. As we drove away from her final resting place, I felt like my heart would break. We drove a few minutes, then, I looked out the window to see cars driving by, and people passing as if nothing had happened that day. I was shocked for a second that the whole world didn't STOP and grieve with me. Then, I snapped out of my crazy thinking..."Of course, they're not going to stop their life to help me grieve for mother...they don't even know her!" It showed me again that there are many hurting people all around me. There's no way to know who they are, or what they're hurting from, however, there IS something I can do to help them through their day. I can slow down and be aware that someone I'm standing by, or walking by just might have a hurting heart. I can acknowledge them...I can reach out and touch them with a kind word...I can smile...I can LOVE! #thinkinoutloud
Labels:
Encourage
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment