Wednesday, February 18, 2015

True Love



She replied, “That’s true, Lord, but even dogs are allowed to eat the scraps that fall beneath their masters’ table.” (Matthew 15:27 NLT)  

When our little Pixie Belle begs for food, I think of this scripture and can't help but think of the love God shows toward us.  When we're hungry...He feeds us. When we are thirsty...He gives us a drink.  When we're cold...He clothes us. When we are weak...He's our strength.  I cannot comprehend His love toward me. 
 
I have realized much since our little Pixie Belle came into our lives. Many times I'll say, "Pixie, I wish you could understand how much I love you."  She looks at me with those beautiful black eyes and at first I think she understands my words. Then, she looks away and once again I realize she cannot understand. I reach down, take her in my arms, knowing her lack of understanding,  and I love her...anyway. 

I'm only human.  I do not understand God's love. However, when He wraps me in His arms, I feel safe, secure, and I get a glimpse of True love.  



No comments: