Greetings! I've had a few people tell me they still check my blog to see if I am writing anything. If you're one of those loyal readers let me apologize for not keeping Echoes from the Elms updated. Here are a few thoughts I have recently put on Facebook. They are individual posts. If you read this post, please comment if you can and let me know. I trust my friends are doing well. Hopefully, we can connect again.
1. I'd
love to write just "sweet and fluffy" things on Facebook, but I find no real
substance in "cotton candy thoughts." I do know that through every
trial, and every test...God is there! That's a fact that will add
strength to your bones. #thinkinoutloud
2. There are times one MUST take a stand for righteousness. It doesn't
matter who thinks you're crazy for doing so. If it's something you know
is right...STAND! Don't give in to those who want to play in the
"shallow waters of worldly indulgence." #thinkinoutloud
3. I love new converts! The look of recognition that comes into their eyes
is priceless. There quiet approach to the throne is beautiful. Their
exuberance once they understand what's happening is exciting. Nothing is
more beautiful! #thinkinoutloud
4. When Jesus is in the room...pay attention to what's happening. He's got a
reason to be there. Some people are so nonchalant when He shows up it
frightens me. To stand in His presence and not give praise to our
Redeemer? Oh my! #thinkingoutloud
5. Moses threw the "Tablets of Stone" and broke them because he was angry
at the people for turning to an idol they had built. Don't judge him
too harshly. I wonder how many times we allow anger to cause us to
break the Word of God in our lives? #thinkinoutloud
6. Reading the Old Testament ceremonial laws. I wrote in my Bible..."Just
think...all we have to do is PRAY!" We can come before God, worship
Him, and give Him our petitions...anytime, anywhere! I love being in His
presence! #thinkinoutloud
7. What a great Valentine's Day! We attended the last service of TXD
Singles Conference and it was absolutely awesome! The worship was
great, and the ministry of Bro. Tes Stewart...outstanding!
Afterwards, we went to El Chico to support the Single's Ministry and
enjoyed fellowship with Bro. Gary Carter and Bro. Stewart. Sis. Cheryl Carter
was at another table close by entertaining missionaries and speakers.
The reason...the Single's packed El Chico out and the big tables were
taken. TXD Single's ministry will get 10% of the food sold while we
were all there. After we got home, we changed clothes and took our
motor home back to storage where it will stay until our next trip. Then,
we went to Dairy Queen and got a Blizzard. You may say, "That's not a
romantic Valentine's Day." You're right! But it has been a very
fulfilling day as we rubbed shoulders with great people and felt the
touch of Almighty God. I am truly blessed, and I feel honored to serve
beside my husband with whom I have spent more "special days" doing
ministry than I can count. I am LOVED by a great man, and I'm proud to
walk by his side. #thinkinoutloud
No comments:
Post a Comment