As I was packing all the Christmas decorations away my back and legs were hurting very badly, because I had been on my feet for hours working toward finishing today. I started thinking about the great time we'd had with our family, and how pretty my house looked during the Christmas holiday, and I felt so happy! I started thanking The Lord for all of the blessings in our life, and I thought..."I would do all of this all over again." I do not have one complaint about all the work it takes to decorate, entertain, cleaning it all up, and putting it all away! Not even one tiny word of complaint came out of my mouth.
You know, it's easy to focus on the negative, when really, if you have a messed up house, extra food in the fridge that needs to be thrown away, and decorations take several hours to pack away...you are BLESSED!
So...
"Thank God for dirty dishes; they have a tale to tell.
While others may go hungry, we're eating very well.
For the stack of evidence I shouldn't want to fuss.
With home and health and happiness, God's been good to us."
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my friends and family! May we all focus on the goodness of God and the blessings in our lives.
2 comments:
I love it when you right simple things like this! It's a reminder of needing to apply it in my own life more.
Thank you, Christina! I appreciate you writing. Love you!
Post a Comment