I have heard this saying for years..."Today is the beginning of the rest of your life."
I know the theology of it, and understand that you can't go back, and you can't go forward unless God gives you the next breath to breathe! Have you ever really thought about how fragile life is? I have! You really don't have any option except to live TODAY. We must realize "what we do today will affect our tomorrows". The decisions I make today, "right or wrong" will give birth to things in my life that bring me "joy or sorrow" in the future. I really want to make the right decisions!
We are living in an age that people "do what is right in their own eyes". They don't care what anyone believes, and they seem to not care what God thinks. They are going to do what they want to do regardless of the repercussions. It is so sad when you see those who live life only for themselves. The only thing they care about is what makes them "feel good" even if what they do destroys someone else. They will have to answer to God someday for their actions. Hopefully, He will be able to get through to them before they come before the judgement seat of Christ.
Friends and family, I am writing to encourage you to not be consumed with what is happening around you. One of the ploys of the enemy is to get us distracted with the things that are happening in this world. He wants us to be frustrated and worried! He wants us to lose our hope and faith in God. He wants us to get caught up with life and comparing ourselves with others. He wants us to feel like we are a nobody because we don't "live according to the flesh". He wants us to look at those who are successful in this life, so we will be unhappy with what we have. He knows if we lose confidence in who we are, we will begin reasoning within our minds that we can let go of all we hold dear to be successful.
WAIT A MINUTE! STOP and THINK! Get your eyes back on Jesus! HOLD ON to what you know is right according to the principles of the Word of God! HOLD ON to TRUTH and RIGHTEOUSNESS! It doesn't matter who criticizes you for your godly values and commitments. HOLD ON to them! Make the DECISION from this day forward to live for God with all your heart! HOLD ON and make it to the other side! When we all go dancing across the threshold of Heaven and we realize we have made it "home", I am sure we will be overwhelmed with the fact that we are THERE! We just MIGHT take a second and look back on the day when we decided to make the RIGHT DECISION...for the rest of our lives.
4 comments:
I could not have said it Better!! It is very frustrating to watch people you really care about, hurting! Allowing the World to Control Everything in their Lives!! They say, "What can I do"!! You offer them "The Way" to the Answer!!! The Ignore It! They stay in the "pit" of sorrow!!
God is so Wonderful! Peace, Joy and Happiness! Easy to live for Him!! I Appreciate that I Know HIM!!!
Love ya! Thanks for the "Blog"!!
Deb from Beaumont
You're welcome! Thank you for writing your thoughts. Love you!
Sis Elms,
This has come in just the right time in my life. Something happened at work that "I" did not think was the right decision. However, after Praying and "giving" it all to GOD, I know that HE has something better for me. I appreciate you taking the time to encourage others today.
May God Richly Bless you
Love you,
Cheri Bagato
Ahhh...you're writing again! Love to read your thoughts! Very timely... Still waiting on your book? :)
Post a Comment