Ever since I was a little girl and could understand what the preacher was saying over the pulpit I have heard it preached that Jesus is coming soon! I have sat in services that was so full of conviction that I knew I better get myself to the altar and pray any sin out of my heart that a little girl could have. I've grown up "in the church" and I've listened to preacher's preach under the anointing of God, and as they came to the end of their message they gave an appeal to come to the altar. I have watched grown men who were under so much conviction grip the back of the pew so hard that you couldn't pry their hands away! They would not yield to the bidding of the man of God, or God Himself. I've wondered what could hold them so captive that they didn't want God in their life. I still do not understand it.
The events that have been taking place in the world are some of the very things I heard preached about all of my life. Many nights, I've gone to bed thinking that the Lord would come that very night. I've prayed and cried wanting to be saved more than ANYTHING! I can honestly say there is NOTHING in the world that I want. And for sure..there is NOTHING worth missing Heaven over.
My heart is stirred for those who have known "truth" yet do not seem interested in "living" truth. It takes more than just knowing Jesus. It takes a relationship with Him that causes us to WANT to be LIKE Him. I shake my head in disbelief when I see people "dilly-dallying" around with the things of God. It's one thing to have never known the Lord in the fullness of truth, but it's totally different to have KNOWN HIM, and to have turned your back on Him and all the things He's done for you. I shake inside to think of what it would be like to be lost FOREVER!
I don't know who might be getting ready to come read my blog tonight, but for some reason when I sat down at my desk to check my blog, I felt to write! It's TIME to wake up out of your sleep and return to the Master's house! He is waiting and longing to take you in His arms. He is wanting to wipe away your tears, and heal your broken heart. I feel His mercy extending to you tonight.
COME HOME! COME HOME!
Ye who are weary, COME HOME!
Ernestly, tenderly Jesus is calling.
Calling, Oh Sinner, COME HOME!
4 comments:
thank you sis elms,
i have not read your blog in a while but know that you have helped me to see that I can make it back to GOD and that HE still loves me, things have been crazy and sometimes just giving in to the peer pressure is easier (or so it seems at the time) but i know that god is merciful.
GOD BLESS
Anonymous, you are welcome! You are loved by many, and God really does love you more than I can say. I'm so thankful for His MERCY! The chorus we sung so much when we were in Wichita Falls comes to mind.
Mercy rewrote my life...
Make your way HOME! You'll always be glad you did!
Sis Elms,
Thank you for your response, I can honestly say that I never stopped going to the building of the church. but I know that in my heart I was on the verge of backsliding, we had an evangelist come thru and he spoke on GOD loving us no matter the things that we have done, that GOD loves us more than we know. I have to say that I did pray thru this weekend, and I will continue to be where GOD wants me to be.
Thank you again for listening to GOD and sharing your blog and your encouraging words for us.
GOD Bless,
Dear Anonymous...I am REJOICING! Thank you for responding to God!
Keep traveling on....
Post a Comment