This past week we have enjoyed being home and taking advantage of "just being home". In fact, I told my husband that I would like to stay home this weekend. We thought that's what we were going to do, then as the week went by we decided we would go to the Installation Service for Bro. and Sis. Hopper in Hardin, TX. It was our first time to ever be in that town and church, but when we drove up we saw a very nice church building. We walked into the foyer, and was greeted with warmth and sincerity by the saints and ministry. We felt right at home! When the service started I was so impressed with the quality of music and singing, but not only the quality was great, but the spirit of which those leading, singing, and playing was awesome! The presence of the Lord reached down and embraced all who were there. Pastor Donnie Hendrick from Copperas Cove was the special speaker for the night and his message was anointed and heartfelt. There was a drawing to the altar by the spirit of God as Presbyter Darrel McCoy asked for us to respond to the Word of God that we had heard. As I stood in the altar I felt a beautiful peace flood my heart. I believe I know how it must have been like to stand in the presence of Jesus when He was on earth, because as I worshiped Him last night, I knew He was "here" touching ME! The song: "Standing In the Presence of the King" has been one of my favorites through the years, and as the years go by, I am still amazed that He would allow ME to come into his presence. What JOY feels my heart when I have that opportunity. After service, the church served a delicious meal and we had a wonderful time visiting with fellow minister's and wives. I've said many times on my blog, but I will say it over and over again... I LOVE being part of the family of God! After we left the meeting, we headed toward Beaumont to spend the rest of the weekend with our family.
Today, has been a good day. The girls are looking forward to school starting. Scarlet goes to Kindergarten this year, and Savanna is going into the fourth grade. When we arrived here last night we were greeted with squeals of delight, and almost immediately we were being shown the cute backpacks they will be carrying for the school year. I remember those days very well, but it wasn't backpacks that I was excited about, It was... the brand new, WHITE tennis shoes that Mother bought me at the beginning of the school year. She never let me wear tennis shoes to church, but on the Wednesday night before school started, and MAYBE the first Wednesday night after she would allow me to wear them along with my cute school clothes! Those were the days...:-)
The girls love to write and draw. They are at the age where it's one of the ways they "communicate". Of course, we love it! When we walked into our bedroom there was a sign laying on the pillows that said: WELCOME to BEAUMONT, TX! I saw right away that it was from Savanna. She has a very sweet way of writing her feelings, and to a Papa and Mimi her few words say a million "I Love You's". Here is what she wrote:
Dear Mimi and Papa,
I have missed ya'll even though we just saw ya'll! LOL!
But, every time I see ya'll it brings me joy!
Love,
Savanna!!!!!!
Yes, I was seriously wanting to stay home this weekend, but after the awesome time spent with friends, and then such a sweet heartfelt welcome from family, we would have missed out on so much. Then...
This morning Wendell received a call from Andrew asking us if we could meet them at Del Rio (Lufkin) for lunch! This was an unexpected turn of events! Andrew said, they were meeting the Orange's to pick up our other two sweetheart granddaughters, Alayna and Ashlyn. I was disappointed that we couldn't see them, and at least get some "hugs and kisses", but there was no way to be two places and one time! Of course, they understood we didn't know they were going to be anywhere around. I know one thing for sure, we want to take another trip SOON to see the other "grands"!
You know......Heaven is going to be a wonderful place, for we will all be together...forever! I'm just glad that we get to enjoy a "little Heaven here on earth"! If it wasn't for a family that loves me, and friends who care, and a God who touches me and gives me His love, there wouldn't be a lot to look forward to here. So, until we can all be together forever, I will be happy to spend another weekend just like this one...with family, friends, and God!
No comments:
Post a Comment