Friday, June 04, 2010

Wrapped In Arms of Love

It was a quiet morning. I was getting dressed for the day, and planning on getting on the road to Wichita Falls when I heard a little voice, "Mimi, I'm cold!" I looked down at my little three year old granddaughter who was standing in the doorway looking up at me with those big, beautiful eyes that are always full of expression. I noticed she had a "snuggle blanket" wrapped around her and at that moment it didn't matter if the world stopped spinning, I was going to stop and hold her until she got warm! I looked at her and asked, "Do you want me to hold you?" Her little head nodded up and down and I reached down and wrapped her up. Holding her close I walked over to the rocker and rocked. She never said another word, and neither did I. We were both content to relax and rock. She went to sleep and I enjoyed the quiet morning for a little longer.

I got on the road.

I don't know when it happened. But, I remembered...

There have been times in life when I was "cold". I really didn't know where to turn, except to my Heavenly Father. I could hear myself saying, "Jesus, I'm cold!" No, I didn't say it quite like that, but in essence I did, and it was at that very moment I felt Him stop what He was doing, reach down, wrap me in His arms, and rock. It didn't matter what it was that made me "cold", I just needed to feel His love and strength warming my heart, and as it did I was contented to......stay awhile.

I really believe I felt the heart of my heavenly Father that morning as I sat and cradled Ashlyn in my arms. I realized once again that anytime I tell Jesus what it is I'm feeling, He WANTS to stop and make my world better.

Come to think of it...I really believe He ENJOYS those times with ME!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! When I read this "I was COLD"!! Love ya!!
Deb from Beaumont

Linda Elms said...

Sis. Debbie, I hope you have felt His presence warming you tonight. Love you!