Today was one of those days we did exactly what we wanted to do...which wasn't much! Being on vacation is suppose to be that way. You're suppose to "wake up when you WANT to", "go to bed when you WANT to", "eat what you WANT to and when you WANT to"! LOL! That's exactly how we do vacation. If you don't WANT to do anything, don't! Whatever makes you happy and helps you RELAX...do it, or... don't do it! That's my "philosophy for a great vacation"!
I have been reading a book, my sister Karla told me about, and it has been so good for my mind. The book is written by: Joyce Meyer and the Title is: "Eat the cookie...buy the Shoes". I'm sure I don't have to say it, but just for the record, "I don't agree with everything in the book, but I do agree with the concept." So many people live under a "cloud of guilt" and they need to "lighten up and enjoy life". You cannot go back and change what's already happened, but you can go forward and have a life full of JOY!
You know...it's good to go on vacation! I've had people tell me they "never go on vacation because they don't have the time or the money". You don't have to have a lot of money to go on vacation. You can find something that will bring you relaxation just about anywhere. What do you ENJOY? Where are some places close to home, or maybe in your city/town that you feel peaceful when you visit? I think you understand what I'm saying. You really NEED to take time off and enjoy letting your mind rest! We get so caught up with "life" and the pressure sometimes overwhelms us. EVERYONE needs a break from it all. When you decide to go on vacation try not to plan every second so full that you don't have time to stop and rest! Sometimes it's good to "do nothing"! If you don't now "how"...then learn "how" by DOING NOTHING!
Well, I guess that's my sermon for this Saturday evening. I think I could teach a good Sunday lesson on this subject! Come to think of it...I HAVE taught on "making memories and enjoying life". Maybe "I" should have written that book!
Have a great Sunday!
5 comments:
I agree with this post 100%! People would be more productive in everything else in their lives if they took a break once in a while. After all...GOD rested after HIS work. ;-)
Love you.
Tena, I think God knew what He was doing, don't you? :) He is our example! Love you!
I agree! Glad you're enjoying the book. "Sit, Stand, Walk & Run" came from a chapter in that book. :)
Karla, I am enjoying the book! I'm glad you told me about it. I'm also glad to know about the lesson. :) Now my mind can relax! LOL!
I love this post!! Thanks for the reminder...I love those "do nothing" days:) Glad you are enjoying your vacation!
Post a Comment