I then went to my Facebook and saw that I had 80 plus messages from friends and family!!!! For the last two days I had been receiving many Birthday Wishes, so when I saw so many more people who had written, I was totally overwhelmed. The messages have still been coming in this evening and my heart is full and running over! I am blessed to have you all in my life and I count it a privilege to be called "your friend"! Thank you for all of the beautiful, heartfelt words you shared with me today. I loved hearing from people from coast to coast, from foreign soil, and from a dear friend from Prince Edward Island, Canada. I also received text messages, and email wishes from dear friends and family! As I said last night....I AM BLESSED!
I have also talked to our children, and heard the sweet voices of my granddaughters. They made me SO HAPPY! The sweet voices of Jonathan and Brenda, Andrew and Mandy, and all four of my granddaughters is "music to my ears".
This morning my husband turned over in bed, whispered "happy birthday", gave me a sweet kiss, and turned over and went back to sleep! YES! I was so excited that he was actually "sleeping in". That in itself was a wonderful "birthday present" to ME! After we decided to get up and get dressed we took another drive. This time we went to the City of Coronado and saw the beautiful Hotel del Coronado. The grounds are meticulously cared for and the flowers are gorgeous.
This picture was taken across the street from Hotel del Coronado.We drove back to San Diego, then on to find a Foster's Freeze! My husband had already researched the whereabouts of one and took us right to it. I have so many memories at Foster's Freeze from when I was a little girl, so anytime I am in California I find the nearest one and go get me an Orange Freeze.
To top off my "birthday celebration" I chose to go to Tio Leo's to eat. We thought about going to a restaurant that overlooked the bay to watch the sunset, but loving California Mexican food like we do, I chose to go eat at this "home-grown restaurant" here in San Diego. It was delicious!
It has been a lovely birthday! How could I ask for anything greater? Great family, great friends, great food, and all of this has been given to me by my GREAT GOD!
3 comments:
I am so happy you had a wonderful day. I'm privileged to call you friend. Love you.
Jerry Ann, thank you! Of course, I'm glad YOU are my friend!!! :) I hope you're doing well. Love you!
Beautiful pictures - makes me want to visit California!
Post a Comment