I received two coupons in the mail this week for "Buy One Meal, Get One Free" at Logan's and it was just for Super Bowl Sunday. I saved both of them so I could share with someone, just in case we were to have dinner with some friends. I would have been happy to share with them.
Anyway, Wendell and I went to eat by ourselves today, so I told him I was going to find someone in the restaurant that I could give the other coupon to. We were welcomed by the hostess as we walked in, and we went to our table. Before I sat down I got both of the coupons out of my purse - one for us and the other one to "give away". I told Wendell I would be back then walked around looking at the people who were there. I spotted what looked to be a "single Mother, her two children and a Grandmother". I walked up to the mother, spoke to her, and noticing she was putting the menu down I laid the coupon on her menu and asked her if she had received one of these coupons. She said that she had not, so I told her I wanted her to have this one. She smiled and said thank you. That's all I did! I turned and went to our table and sat down.
We were ordering our meal when I saw the grandmother coming to our table, and this is what she said. "I just wanted to come and say thank you for that. Just before you walked up to the table the little girl said to her Mother that she would like to have a GOOD meal tonight!" The mother looked at her daughter and answered her with, "Well, Sug(ar) I just can't do that tonight." The grandmother then proceeded to say, "Then you walked up and gave her that coupon. I just wanted to come and tell you. Thank You!"
Tears filled my eyes as she walked away. It wasn't me that just "wanted to share", but God had a plan to bless someone I didn't even know. My heart is overwhelmed with how much God loves us ALL!
6 comments:
Wow!
Awwww, that is so sweet that it happened like this.
Awwww, that is so sweet that it happened like this.
How touching. What a blessing for the receiver and the giver. Love these kinds of stories.
And to think how much I take for granted.....What may seem small to us maybe HUGE to others. Thanks for sharing.
I love it!
Post a Comment