Monday, November 23, 2009

A Song I'll Always Love

The last few days I have had a song on my mind and it doesn't seem to want to go away. I have loved the song as long as I can remember, and have always wanted it to be my "way of life", but it seems lately that I have felt I wanted it more than ever. "Listen" to the words....

I've been on the mountain with Jesus.
I've been in the valley so low.
But, not one time has He failed me,
When to Him with my burdens I go.

So, let me walk with you Jesus.
Don't ever leave me alone.
For without You I could never.
No, never make Heaven my home.

You found me when I was so lonely.
You found me when I was so blue.
You found me when no one could help me,
And I didn't know just what to do.

So, let me walk with you Jesus....

I never want to walk the road of life without Him by my side! I have lived enough life to know that I could NEVER make it without Him.

If you're finding it difficult to walk through the valley, or it's getting difficult to climb the mountain in front of you...stop, enjoy the beauty that surrounds you, take a deep breath, look around and find where HE might be standing, then reach out and take His hand for He will help you to keep walking. Jesus will never leave you alone. He will never walk so far ahead of you that you cannot see Him if you stop and look around.

Whoever might be feeling that you're all alone...let me tell you that you're never alone! You'll feel better if you'll start singing. So, I'm inviting you to sing with me....

So, let me walk with you Jesus.
Don't ever leave me alone.
For without you I could never.
No, never make Heaven my home.

Don't you feel better now?

9 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

LOVE this song! And yes, I do feel better - Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

thank you Sis Elms, you will never know the times that you post the right things to say and being an encouragement to some of us that have not personally met you YET. I love you read your Blog and your words of wisdom. God Bless ♥ Cheri

Linda Elms said...

Carla, I'm glad you "feel better". :) Love you!

Cheri, thank you for your kind words. I hope you continue reading my blog. I haven't been blogging as much lately, but I am hoping to get back on a more "regular" schedule. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I wish I could hear you sing it. Absolutely one of those songs that soothes the hurt. I feel better, too. :o)

Anonymous said...

Linda,
That was the song Uncle Bill would sing until he could sing no longer. I still love the song eventhough I hardly ever hear it.
Have a good Thanskgiving with your kids.

Aunt Joyce

Linda Elms said...

Audrey, thank you! It's good hearing from you. I trust all is well with you and your family.

Linda Elms said...

Aunt Joyce, I didn't know about Uncle Bill loving that song so much. Now, I'm really glad I wrote this post. He was such a great man. I loved it when we would visit ya'll in Texico, New Mexico and when ya'll would visit us in Fresno. Where has the time gone???? I guess that is a question that has been asked down through the ages. Love you!

Lori Maxwell said...

Certainly the "Song of the Day" for our "uncertain days!" Love you...and thanks so much for reminding me to just for a little while forget about everything and know that He Loves Me and will NEVER leave me alone.

Linda Elms said...

Lori, HE is definitely walking by your side! Take hold of His hand and He will not let you fall. Love you!