Sunday, December 07, 2008

Texas Bible College Christmas Banquet

We were invited to attend TBC's Christmas Banquet on Friday night, and we were happy to go. We had a wonderful time! Seeing a room full of young people who are giving their lives for ministry in their churches is a heart warming experience.

I took a few pictures of those who came and thought I would share them with you.

Bro. and Sis. Cooley - TBC President - They are good people! I've known Dedie for quite some time, but have not been around Bro. Cooley at all until we moved here, so we are getting to know him better. He's been very kind to us and we look forward to more times of fellowship with him and Dedie. Dedie is very enjoyable to be around. Anyone who knows her, knows she is a MASTER at the keyboards. Bro. and Sis. McInnis - Food Services - They are the cooks for TBC and do a lot of work!!! They are also some of the finest people you will ever meet! I love the twinkle in her eyes. :) She makes me smile and I love her. Bro. and Sis. Schreckhise - Dean of Missions - We are getting to know them a better. Everytime we are around them we enjoy visiting with them. They were missionary's in Hondurus and are now home, but they have seven grandchildren still there. I think they are going to get to see them before too long. I'm sure they can't wait to see them and their "kids".Bro. and Sis. Rhoades - Facilities Administrator - He takes care of the camp ground! I don't know what we would do without him. He is a worker and always so willing to help us in any way he can! Sis. Rhoades has not been well and I pray for God to heal her body. What a sweet, wonderful person she is. She always has a smile when I see her.Bro. and Sis. Chad Roberts - Promotional Director for TBC. They recently came to TBC and we are happy to have them here. Just the little bit that I've been around them I can tell they are a lot of fun!Bro. and Sis. Johnathan Green - Dean of Academics - He makes me laugh! Victoria is very sweet, and I'm enjoying being with them during the Christmas season. This week we've been with them at two banquets and one church service. It's the most we've been around them, and it's been fun.Bro. and Sis. Russo - Texas District Superintendent - They are incredible people! I'm loving them more and more. They are sincere, caring, and loving. They have been a great help to us since moving to Lufkin. Unless you get to be around people it's hard to really appreciate them for who they are. I'm glad I have the privilege of being with them more.Bro. and Sis. Smith - Pastor in Hudson, and are some of the finest people you will ever meet! They "take care of us". I don't know how else to say it, except they have "been there" for us. They're wonderful! The program was excellent!

Sis. Tracy Brock - TBC Office Manager - was the soloist and she has such a wonderful voice and did a great job. I had time to visit with her for a little while after the banquet and it was very special getting to know her better. She is so sweet and sincere! I look forward to being around her more. She "confessed" that she reads my blog. She said she felt so guilty for reading it without me knowing. LOL! I'm glad she's joined us! Love you, Tracy! Bro. Nate Lawrence entertained us with his "magnificent" saxophone! I could listen to him play for hours! It was so sweet of him to dedicate a song to us. We were shocked when he said "I am dedicating this song to Bro. and Sis. Elms"! What a great man he is. He is Dean of Students at TBC. Bro. Scott Popec - Dean of Music - got on the keyboard and joined with Bro. Lawrence and did some incredible "jammin'"! I love to watch people that love their music, and you could tell these two men do!There were some skits and we laughed and had a good time, then the Bickerson's showed up! I remember listening to the "record" of the Bickerson's when I was a teenager so when "they" decided to come and show us what "true love is" I was thrilled! Let me introduce to you....Mr. and Mrs. Bickerson. As you can tell we had a wonderful time! We are all blessed to have "special people" in our lives, and I'm thankful for every "old friend", "new friend", and all the people we are getting to "know". We are BLESSED!

2 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

I enjoyed the TBC Banquet! You know of course some of these are our dear friends! Well, you showed family, too :)

The Bickersons make me laugh. The Cooleys 'bickered' @ one of our sectional banquets when they pastored in our section. They are hillarious.

Gene Holley said...

Looks like fun! The Texas Bible College age must be really getting a little older...I didn't see one face that was college age! LOL! Glad you are banqueting across Texas.