Lighthouse United Pentecostal Church of Jackson, Tennessee
Yesterday tornadoes ripped through several states, one being Tennessee. Jackson, Tennessee is where Donald and Bridget Lance pastor, and they were in their church with Bridget's parents, Ron and Debbie Alomar and a few other folks when they were informed the tornado was heading their way. They moved from the sanctuary to a closet on the other side of the building to take cover. Bro. Lance unknowingly touched a button on his cell phone and it called Bro. Shatwell in Oklahoma. Bro. Shatwell answered his phone and heard Bro. Lance as he exclaimed, "Oh my God! It's coming this way!" Bro. Shatwell understood what was happening and called together those he was with to pray for God's protection on the Lance's and those with them. God took care of them and they are all okay, except for being scared nearly to death and the trauma the children are going through. Please pray for them and all who were hit by these violent storms. Many lives were taken yesterday, so we are thankful that Donald and Bridget, their children, Ron and Debbie, and others who were there are safe! Thank you Jesus! We have a God that hears and answers prayer!!!!!Here are a few pictures of the devastation to their church.


(The blue truck and black jeep are Ron and Debbie's vehicles)Please be in prayer for The Lighthouse United Pentecostal Church and Pastor and Sis. Donald Lance. For further updates you may go to the church website. Thank you all for your prayers!
11 comments:
Thank God they are okay! We will keep them in our prayers, I can't imagine the terror they all felt, especially the children.
Oh my goodness!! We are certainly praying for the Lance family. Thank God for His protecting hand.
We are praying for them and their church.
Michelle, I know they were all pretty well stressed out after all of this! I'm sure that is an "understatement".
Lynn and Gene, thank you for praying for them and the church. I know they're going to need it for a long while!
WOW! This brings back a flood of memeories. I remember when Wichits Falls was hit so badly. It looked like a war zone! I prayers are certainly with these folks!!! God IS our shelter from every storm. I'm so thankful His hand was on the Lance family and the church!
My family we'll be praying for Bro & Sis Lance and their family.
I know all to well of the stress that goes with this ordeal, having road out Rita here in our church in Bmt. with 30 members, it is very tramatizing. It is a horrible feeling not even knowing how your own family will survive. It Brings real meaning to to the saying We need to be ready!
All said they were proably in the safest of places as the steel structure will withstand more than a normal home.
Please forward our love to them.
Brings back memories - the kind that I don't like! We will be praying for them.
I am so thankful they are safe.
We'll remember them in prayer.
God can be our refuge in the storm! We will be praying for them and the church!
Oh, Linda! I heard about this yesterday and immediately started praying for them. Our church was praying for them last night. It is so devastating! I pray everything progresses smoothly, the insurance accommodates quickly, and reconstruction begins soon.
The family of God is wonderful! Thank you all for praying for the Lance's and the church. God has it all in His control! It's so good having friends and family that help carry our loads when we are thrown into situations beyond our control.
Post a Comment