Saturday, February 16, 2008

We Are Home and just a little thought....

We left Beaumont this morning and the temperature was about 66 degrees. We drove several hours toward home, through good ole' Texas storms and by the time we got to Bowie it was 33 degrees and along the highway for just a little bit was SNOW! We couldn't believe what we were seeing! LOL! That's what I LOVE about TEXAS! The difference in "pine trees lining the streets" to where you "can't see out", to the "wide open plains" as you travel Northwest, where you can see "miles and miles of Texas" is great! LOL! I finally started feeling better towards the end of the week and got to enjoy being with our family! I hated missing church at The Apostolic Church where Jonathan pastors, but was able to drop by on Friday evening and got to visit with a few people who were there for choir practise. I'm so glad we can go from our church to Jon's church, and others we have been to, and find people who are of the "same mind" in living for God! My heart is full of thankfulness for the people of God who are living their lives "unto the Lord". People who are not being swayed from the beautiful life of separation, and convictions they hold dear in their lives, are to be commended. God has always had a CHOSEN PEOPLE! People who were "CALLED OUT of DARKNESS into this MARVELOUS LIGHT"! Thank God for those who love the "beauty of holiness"! Yes....I can hear it right now...."I'd rather have someone who (whatever you want to fill in) and has a right spirit, than to have people who look "holy", yet they have self-righteous, horrible spirits"! Well, I just want to say, "Not everyone who loves righteousness and holiness, and separation has UGLY ATTITUDES!" We have a whole church FULL of people who LOVE GOD, SOULS, HOLINESS, AND SEPARATION from the world, and who have BEAUTIFUL SPIRITS, AND ATTITUDES! I do not apologize for what I am saying. I've had people who have loved this truth and the message of separation tell me that it "doesn't matter anymore" how we dress or live, just as long as we believe the "gospel" (baptism in Jesus Name, oneness of God, infilling of the Holy Ghost). Is that really ALL that matters? Those things are part of the foundation of truth, and I love them, but there is more to being a Christian than just the "basic doctrine" of salvation! I'm not trying to make anyone mad, but if you do read this and feel a little conviction in your heart about "things of this world" you might have allowed in your heart, I am thankful. I do not judge you, I judge myself. I want to be pleasing to God. That's all that matters.

4 comments:

Christina said...

We also were in the changing temps between Wichita and Terrell today. We took Haiden to Terrell this evening and it rained then didn't rain, then snow on side of road around Bowie like you said, then I think it was a few degrees warmer when we arrived home tonight than when we left this evening at around 2. Gotta love it! Glad ya'll are home safely.

Keith and Carla said...

Glad you are feeling better!!!

iluv2prshim said...

Gotta love that Texas weather.
Amen to the rest of the post.

Unknown said...

It was wonderful to have you in Beaumont. Sorry you missed service on Tuesday night, Bro. Elms taught us a marvelous lesson on the perils of cutting corners (perfect correlation to your post). You know why I am visiting your blog today, though -- where is the picture of my baby?? After all, he is a very "low maintenance" saint of The Apostolic Church! Look forward to seeing you again soon ...