I cannot tell you how I am feeling tonight! I do not have the time to write about it, because it is after 1 AM and I'm tired, and I have a full day ahead of me AND I need my sleep. I will just say I feel like I have been put in the "magic time machine" and catapulted back in time to my childhood and teen years! First of all, Andrew and Mandy came home from Paris telling us about an incredible missionary that we should have. When we asked who the missionary was they told us it was Missionary George Craft. They went on about his ministry and what an incredible message he had preached. We then received a call from our Foreign Missions Director on Tuesday and asked if we would be willing to have a missionary on Wednesday night. Of course, my husband said yes, and asked who it was. It ended up being.....Missionary George Craft!! Well, most of you do not know the connection we have with Bro. Craft, so I will tell you. When I was 7 years old Bro. Craft and his sister, Diane came to our church by an invitation of one of the young ladies in the youth group! There is a lot of history that I will not go into, because my blog isn't big enough to tell everything (LOL) but after a few years, Bro. Craft went to Western Apostolic Bible College (CLC today) and my husband sang in a quartet with him and two other guys! I am going to stop there and I will make another post with pictures about him being with us this week.
Now... more about the "time machine" feeling I'm having:
Tonight I received an email from a young lady asking me about an incredible revival we had in our church when I was in the youth group. I did not know who was emailing me, then she "introduced" herself as a niece to my best friend, Sharon. Sharon and I have known each other since we were very young girls and now I am hearing from her niece! She has heard about the revival that happened in the '60's at Truth Tabernacle and is wanting to know what happened. Now, my mind is racing with all the memories that I have from that awesome time in my life! Maybe I'll be able to go to sleep tonight.....I'm not sure!
In a few days, I will try to post more about our visit from Bro. Craft. I might even write about the "Fresno Revival". I'll see. Until then, keep praying, fasting, believing, and experiencing the powerful move of the Holy Ghost that God has promised and is happening! I won't stay long in "the past", I promise!
11 comments:
Oh Linda, it was so good to read your posting today. We met Bro. Craft in 1969 while living in Turlock. My husband was in the hospital, and Bro. Craft came with Bro. Brokaw to see him. We became better acquainted with the Crafts when we moved to your dad's church in Fresno. What a wonderful family the Crafts. And I too remember your youth revival of the 60s as my brother-in-law was the youth leader. Am eagerly awaiting to hear more from your "time machine".
"It's a small world after all." When George comes to Wichita Falls be sure and tell him hello for me. Since being back in California I have been able to become re-acquainted with Sandie. Her and her husband, Gordon Richardson are the Home Missions Secretary of the Western District. Don't spend to much time in the "Time Machine" you might end up with one of those Hair-dos" from the 60's. ugh :)
That's awesome!!!! I'm gonna listen to it on the stream!!! I have a request Sister Elms...there are many people here who have acquired Mersa staff...the kind that kills. Please pray for us. We do NOT need that!!!!
Aimi
The Crafts have been faithful missionaries for many years.
Are they coming to Arizona? Let them know we're here and would love to see them.
Have a blessed weekend.
Shirley Buxton
www.shirleybuxton.wordpress.com
Tell Bro. and Sis. Craft "hello" for me, too, OK?? I LOVE it when they come to Fresno. He is an awesome preacher and they have such a spirit of love. Email me if you want any reminders of the "Fresno revival"...or better yet, email me and I'll give you my phone number, or give me yours!! We can talk on the phone and REALLY get in a time warp!! LOL But never fear, Sis Hurst... NEVER will I EVER go back to those hair-do's!!!!!!! LOL LOL (why, oh, why?)....
Karen, thank you for stopping by. I just love "blogging" with all my friends and family! I'll see how far my "time machine" takes me. :)
Ronda, don't worry about the hair-do's! No matter how long I stay in the "past" I won't return to the hair-do's of the 60's and 70's. LOL! Wendell wouldn't allow that. LOL!
Aimi, it has been wonderful here in Life Tabernacle. You be careful and don't get sick! I will pray for everyone who is. Love you!
Sis. Buxton, I would have told Bro. Craft to stop by your place, but he left this morning. He was here this past Wednesday night and came to our Children's Revival on Friday night. He was a blessing to us and our church.
Gayla, LOL....those "hair-do's" were awful!! LOL! Why did we ever think they looked good? Of course, everyone was wearing their hair BIG in those days. All I can say is "Oh well..."! LOL! You need to email me because I don't know for sure if I have your correct email address. I would love to hear what you remember about the Fresno revival of the 60's and 70's. Love you lots!
Ok, girls (Linda and Gayla)...Daddy tried to tell us the hair do's were to much, but did we listen? :) Oh No! At least you guys were older. I was only 12 and 13 when I wore the crazy look. OH MY! I am surprised Daddy let me out of the house looking like that though. Mother probably said something like, "Murray, now pick your battles. At least she's not cutting it". hee hee
I will be waiting, eagerly, to hear about the Fresno revival. I love hearing stories about great moves of God! It encourages me! I won't stop believing! God's promises WILL come to pass. I believe! Thanks for the encouragement!
Now you ladies have me VERY curios about the hairdos!! I wasn't born till the 70's and certainly not in church, so while you're in your time machines, dig up some pictures to show me just how beautiful you were!! I'm watching and waiting...:}
Ronda, you don't have to rub it in! LOL! Oh my...let's just keep them all guessing, ok?
Tena, His promises are SURE!
Roxana, I don't think there will be any pictures! LOL! You just have to hope to see them someday, I guess. :)
Tell George that Kevin said hello too! I have not seen him in several years. I think at General Conference somewhere. It looks like we have a lot of excitement about hairdos and the revival in Fresno!
I think if I pushed my folks they could come up with some pictures that you guys have "lost". LOL!! I will say this I remember my moms hair drug the floor (she actually won the "Longest Hair Contest" in Jacksonville FL.)and that Sharon fixed it for conference and used 2 or 3 whole cans of hairspray.
There is a renewed interest in "old time revivals". I hope we persue it for the sake of this generation. Great post!
Post a Comment