Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"MY" Angel

Carmen, my brother's daughter, sent this to me last night. I asked her if I could "blog it" and she said yes. She is writing about her son Pierce and it is so sweet! Pierce was born after Keith passed away and so Carmen has told Pierce about his Papa K being in heaven.

"Pierce came up with something tonight that I thought you may appreciate. We were putting him to bed and he had a thousand questions as usual. He was asking if I always locked our doors when we went to bed. I said yes. He wanted to make sure no bad guys could get in. I assured him that no bad guys would ever be able to penetrate the angels that surround our home. He asked how many there were, how they protected the house and lots of other interesting questions that can come from a six year old brain. I told him of the angels that went with us in the car, and even to school with him - "Your own personal angel," I said. He was wowed by this. He said excitedly "I have my own angel!?!" I said "of course." He asked about where he sat during school, etc. Then as I was about to FINALLY leave the room, he started in again. I said, "Pierce, baby, it's time to go to sleep, but ok, ONE more question. He said, "how big is MY angel"? I said, "I don't know, but I'm sure he's pretty big. He can fight off ANY bad guys." He replied, "Mom, I think MY angel is Papa K." Before I started crying, I said, "you know, I think you're probably right." I had to get out of there fast so that he didn't think that that upset me. It made him very excited and I'm sure "safe-feeling" that Papa K would be protecting him always. We have never even mentioned Dad in regard to angels. We just always say he's already in heaven. Out of the mouths of babes..."

Thank you Carmen for sharing this beautiful, sweet story. Your Dad is "stretching his suspenders" over this one! He would be so proud of his grandkids if he were still here. I don't know who could brag the biggest, me or him!!!

10 comments:

iluv2prshim said...

Awwww....How precious! And yes, Keith would be so proud of his grand babies. However, I think you and him would run equal when it comes to bragging. LOL Oh well. You just wait until mine come along. :)

Linda Elms said...

I can't wait to see you and Nathan as grandparents! It's going to be fun trying to brag as much as ya'll will! LOL!

Roxana said...

It's really no wonder God wants us to come to Him as children.They have such amazing insight and trust!

Mandy said...

I love this story! Kids don't complicate things the way adults do! You tell them about heaven, God, the angels and they just BELIEVE it no questions!!! We really should learn a bit from them!

Valere said...

Now you've gone and made me cry sitting here at my desk. How proud he would have been of all his grand-babies.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Through the generations, God's glory is shown in the hearts of children. What a lesson for us, this beautiful story (and I can just see Keith's face beaming with pride).

Kevin Hopper said...

An awesome story! Such child like faith! Keith would chuckle at that story and say "that's one of mine"!!

Gayla said...

That is so cute!! Do any of Keith's grand-kids have his notorious dimple?

Jana Allard said...

Too precious! My little girl, who is the same age as Pierce, never met my dad, but every helium filled balloon she gets she "sends it to heaven for grandpa."

kathy said...

How AWESOME! I loved it and I know you did as well.
We should ALWAYS be on our toes and remember how vulnerable our children are. We have an awesome responsibility!

Thanks, once again, for sharing.