
Karla....I'll never forget you coming into my life when I was almost 14 years old! You were so pretty and I had a "real doll" to play with! I remember so many things that you would do that made us all laugh. One time Bro. A. D. Spears was preaching us a revival and you were just learning to talk. Bro. Spears taught you to say "shut up", so one night while he was preaching and getting his breath you stood up on the pew and yelled, "SHUT UP"! He almost lost the whole service and Mother and Daddy told him, "that's what you get for teaching her to say shut-up"! There were many things you did that I can't tell here, but one of the funniest things you did was when Wendell and I were taking care of you when Mother and Daddy went to General Conference. You were sitting on the floor doing homework and Wendell asked you if you were in your "multiplication tables" yet. You looked up at him and said, "No, we're still at our desks!" You didn't have any idea of what he was talking about! LOL! We laughed uncontrollably! You are beautiful and you are a wonderful sister and friend to me! I'm glad you came along so "late in life" because you have brought much joy to all of us! You are a blessing to the Kingdom of God and I want you to know that I love you and I'm proud of you!
18 comments:
AMEN! All so true! I am so glad we moved her to Wichita Falls and got to meet and know "the" Sis. Karla Holley. Happy 40th! I hope you get your clothes on correctly today. Have a great day for a great person!
Happy Birthday, Karla!!! I wish you the best. Love you!
Sis Holley, Happy Birthday from Cheri in Glendale,
Sis Elms hope you had a great time at conference, may the LORD richly Bless you all,
Love,
Cheri
Happy bday sis karla. from all of us here in BBB (Big Bad Bullard)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sis Karla. We love and miss you!!!!
It was so much fun talking with you the other day! Thanks for the encouragement on my book. I found out that you can purchase it at the Walmart on Central Freeway by the base. It should be out on Monday.
I saw your picture on Gene and Karla's site. I know you enjoyed your visit with them. They're doing a fantastic job!
I've changed my site to invitation only, but I've already added you as a guest. Let me know if you have any trouble getting on. You can email me at madgemathews@yahoo.com
Love you,
Madge
Happy Birthday Sis Karla! I can relate with you on coming a little later in life also. :)
Happy birthday, Sis. Karla! You helped me to establish my walk with God, and I'm so glad you are still doing it for others!
Love ya!
Roxana
Thank you, Linda. And thanks to everyone else, also. Woo-Hoo! I'm 40!!!!!!
I already said it on Holley Happenings, but Happy Birthday again, to a wonderful person!!! Love you
Wishing you a wonderful, Happy Birthday! You know they say you are only as old as you feel, so I hope you are feeling really young today! Have a good one old friend!(Oops! I mean young friend!)
Love ya,
Karen
Sis. Elms, Sis. Hurst, and Sis Holley, I love to hear when families especially Sisters are so close, and then when you share it with others. May the LORD continue to bless each of you,
Cheri
Hey, Linda! Welcome back! Glad you got to visit with your sister. Your stories make me wonder if Bryce and Blake will speak about Bryn the same way you and Ronda have talked about Karla. Bryce was almost 16 when Bryn was born. She has been so much fun for all of us!
The "shut-up" story was hysterical. Your mom was right - Bro. Spears deserved that one! This makes me think of Paula's oldest daughter. When she was about two, she was standing in the pew and abruptly sat down real hard. It was a quiet moment in the service and Amber loudly said, "Ooooo, bust me butt." We all nearly fell in the floor laughing. She had learned that phrase at a daycare.
Sis Karla, I wished you a Happy Birthday on your blog, but the 40th deserves one here as well. I hope your day is wonderful and full of life and love. You are a great inspiration to me. So many times as a teenager I remember thinking "I want to be just like Sis. Karla." Well I'm 27 and I still want to be like you. Maybe when I'm 40 I will be. I miss you so much. I 'm glad that we can keep in touch through blogging. Lots of love Sheree
Happy Birthday Sister Karla!
Happy Birthday Sis. Karla!!
Hello Everybody! Thank you for your response to Karla's birthday. We had a great time tonight celebrating. I love you all!!
Thanks for all the wonderful wishes! I love you all!!
Post a Comment