
I've been a little bit blank since my sisters left. It was so nice being with them in Austin and then being here for Karla's birthday. It was so special. It's strange how life takes so many turns. I never dreamed us "girls" would be left by ourselves this early in life. I know I sound sad, but it's "just life", as Mother use to say.
On the other hand, I think of all the blessings I have in my life.
* A wonderful husband/friend.
* Fantastic children and grandchildren.
* Friends who love me through the tough times and make me laugh.
* A great church and saints who love God and us.
The list could go on, but that's just some of my "top of the list" things to be thankful for. I know I'm rambling a bit, but I just had a thought and wanted to write it down. Maybe someone will stop and count their blessings.
On the other hand, I think of all the blessings I have in my life.
* A wonderful husband/friend.
* Fantastic children and grandchildren.
* Friends who love me through the tough times and make me laugh.
* A great church and saints who love God and us.
The list could go on, but that's just some of my "top of the list" things to be thankful for. I know I'm rambling a bit, but I just had a thought and wanted to write it down. Maybe someone will stop and count their blessings.
14 comments:
If you sit down and make two lists,
one of all the bad things and one of all the good things, the good things will out weigh the bad every time. The old song "Count Your Blessings" comes to mind.
Count my blessings!!!! I would be here all day -- God has been so good to me, I can not tell it all! I can not tell it all!
Thanks for the post!
I love it Sis Patti. Those are words of wisdom.
Yes, there are "so many reasons why I love the Lord", Sis. Patti. I agree about the blessings out weighing the bad.
You all have good points and yes if we all stop and count our blessings we would be here forever. I know ive been bleesed beyond measure, my dads not in church yet but hey, hes another blessing on the way!!! the song that comes to mind for me is He's the Only Reason I Live
Jessica
AWESOME Jessica!
Sis. Elms,
Many times while I am in prayer, I find myself spending the whole time thanking God for his blessings. I feel like these are some of my best times in prayer. It refreshes my soul just to say "thank you, Jesus," instead of "Jesus, I need..."
Dear Sis. Elms,
Just a note to say hello in return. You quoting your mother reminded me of something I wrote some time back.
I reposted it. She was a tremendous woman.
She lives on in you and your sisters. What a blessing your family has been and is.
Blessings,
Scott Phillips
http://inbythroughhim.blogspot.com/2007/03/genetics-of-destiny.html
We are blessed! Thank you for the reminder.
Let me just say, THANK YOU for responding to the blessings of the Lord in your life!
Jessica, you just keep believing and praying and you will see your "promise" fulfilled!
Bro. Phillips, it's a small world for sure! I wrote this on your blog, but I don't know if it went through so I'll say it here again. Thank you for the memory of Mother. She was a beautiful, amazing lady for sure! We miss her and Daddy terribly. Life hasn't been the same since they and Keith were taken from us, but God has been my strong tower, and my strength along with family, friends, and a wonderful church family. I'm happy to see you and your family are doing well. God bless you!
and life goes on.. And God is Good...all the time.
I absolutely LOVE that picture! It says "a thousand words". I love and admire you three ladies.
Why even make a list of the bad things?
I have no idea how people exist without God. I am so very blessed- and no one, not anyone can say that they have been blessed like I have.
The funny thing is that we can all say that same statement and believe it with all our heart!
Thank you Tena, Barbara and Joseph for writing. The blessings of the Lord maketh rich....so I guess I'm a multi-multi-multi-multi-multi-billionaire....and that doesn't even tell how rich I am! Thank God for His continued blessings!
Post a Comment