Wednesday, January 27, 2016

How Do You See Yourself?

"It constantly amazes me that men and women wander the earth marveling at the highest mountains, the deepest oceans, the whitest sands, the most exotic islands, the most intriguing birds of the air and fish of the sea – and all the time never stop to marvel at themselves and realize their infinite potential as human beings."  -The Rhythm of Life 
-Matthew Kelly 

I read this quote and my mind went to the scripture, 
“I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.”
(Psalms 139:14 KJV)

Then, my thoughts turned to the fact that so many people never see their worth, their abilities, their talents, their potential.  They seem to always focus on negative things they see in themselves.  

What if...we looked at us and saw the magnificence of who we were made to be?  After all, we were created in HIS image! 

What if...we realized the qualities He put in us?  

What if...we lived up to the potential He sees in us?  

What if...we believed this scripture and applied it to our lives?  “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” (Philippians 4:13 KJV)

Quit allowing the enemy to destroy your worth!  As the song says...

"You thought I was worth saving...So, You came in changed my life. You thought I was worth keeping...So, You cleaned me up inside.
You thought I was to die for...
So, You sacrificed your life.
So, I could be free!
So, I could be whole!
So, I could tell everyone I know!"

Stand up and see yourself as God sees you!  You're a child of the King!  You were created for a reason and your worth, your potential is far greater than you can imagine. 

I have a feeling, when those who do not know Jesus Christ have the opportunity to "view a real Christian," they see a beauty that is beyond compare to anything they have ever seen. 

Yes, the beauty of the mountains, rivers, skies, birds, fish, animals, flowers, and oceans are breathtaking to our eyes, yet God decided all of that wasn't enough, so He created you and me to be His hands, His feet, and His arms reaching to all mankind. There's nothing more beautiful than...LOVE!  ❤️  #thinkinoutloud

No comments: