The "little impression" came ever so gently, so gently that I hardly
noticed it. I breathed a prayer, yet it came again, as if a feather
drifting in the wind touched my thoughts. There was something about it
that I couldn't ignore. I once again prayed. "Jesus, please keep your
hand on Wendell as he walks outside today. Don't let him be hit by a
car. I plead your blood over him in Jesus Name! Amen."
It
was a little while later when my husband came back to the room. The
first words out of his mouth were, "I've never come so close to being
hit by a car like I was today. A policeman driving the car was coming
right at me and when he was 4-6 feet from me, he jerked so he wouldn't
hit me!" I breathed a prayer of thankfulness that my husband had not
been hit, and that God had whispered into my spirit to pray for
protection! There's power in prayer!
It amazes me
how God works. I was just going about my morning when the "little
impression" came. It came so softly that I could have brushed it aside
and went about my day. I fully believe if prayer had not been made, if
the blood of Jesus had not been applied, that Wendell would have been
hit by a careless driver and badly injured, possibly killed. I'm so
thankful God I listened to the "voice of God" that morning, and whispered a
simple prayer.
"Oh how He loves you and me..."
No comments:
Post a Comment