Monday, July 23, 2012

Just Sing!

I've lived a long time, and I do not remember hearing people talk about the "old vs. new" songs as much I hear now. I'm really getting kind of tired of it. :-) Not wanting to get into a discussion about it, please. It's just an observation I've been thinking about. I have decided to go to church, worship God from the depths of my heart, and if I don't know the song, and really don't even like the style of it, what does it matter? If I focus my attention on HIM...I will be doing well. If I can't...then...I'll figure it out at that time, but my worship doesn't depend on anyone else and what they do or don't do. Let's live for God with gladness, and let everyone around us know that we're not "gripey guts"! I say all of this with love, kindness, and goodwill toward my fellow travelers. I will close with this song that is "old, yet new if you've never heard it"... ;-) "I feel like traveling on...I feel like traveling on. My heavenly home is bright and fair, and I feel like traveling on." If the trumpet sounds tonight I will see you all on the other side and we will all be singing a NEW SONG...
P.S.   I really think it is a ploy of the enemy to get us distracted from our worship!  We can get so wrapped up in things we don't like that we become focused on that one thing and lose the meaning of true worship!  
 

No comments: