Thursday, February 02, 2012

Shayla Marie's Dedication

Dedication Sunday! I woke up in a really good mood.  I don't know what "dedication" means, but I'm sure it's going to be special.
WOW!  I know this is a SPECIAL DAY when there's a picture this pretty being shown.
Daddy gets to hold me and feed me while Papa preaches.  I'm a blessed little girl!
I don't know what all is going on, but it looks like something really neat is getting ready to take place.  I loved watching Papa preach.
Papa finished preaching, then he came down and put his hand on Mommy and Daddy's head.  I'm sure they felt something really special.  They are such sweet parents!  I hope they felt what I did when Papa started praying.  My big sisters were there beside me, too.  It was special having them there.  Mommy said they were dedicated to the Lord just like me!   I may not know much about it now, but I know in a few years I will.  I can't wait to hear the stories of this special day.  Daddy wanted HIS Pastor, and MY Papa to dedicate me.   I'm glad!  I already love my Papa Elms!  Papa also dedicated my big sisters, Savanna and Scarlet AND I got to wear the SAME dedication dress that they did.  I wonder if I'll get it when I grow up?  (Shhhh...don't tell them I said that.  I don't want to have a fuss with my sisters.  It stresses me out!) 
Then, Papa took me in his arms.  I loved his big arms!  He started praying and I know something special happened.  I'm sure I'll understand it when I grow up.  Mommy and Daddy will tell me all about it.  It has something to do about them "giving me back to God".  Maybe I'll grow up to be a preacher's wife, just like Mommy!  All I know right now is that I'm so happy God gave me to one of the most loving families in the whole wide world!  
WHY is Papa crying?  Maybe it's because he loves me SO MUCH!
Awww...that's one of the sweetest kisses a little girl could ever get!  When Papa kisses me it's really, really special.
I got my FIRST BIBLE today!  I think I heard Mimi say something about she likes to give Bibles to her granddaughters on special occasions.  I'm glad she didn't forget ME, since I'm her SIXTH granddaughter! 

1 comment:

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

Love, love the post. Love you. What a precious time.