Thursday, October 22, 2009

God Knows How

House is SOLD!

Motor home is SOLD!

I am a HOMEOWNER again!

And....That's all GOOD news!

Why was I having some uncertainty about it all? Yes...I know "life must move on" and "things change", but when "things change suddenly" and "life doesn't make sense" there are times you feel "out of control".

I was having one of those "times". I should have been excited as I prepared to meet Wendell and our realtor to make a final "walk through" of the house we were going to sign papers on that very day!! But, instead of excitement, I felt a little "fearful". What was wrong with me?!? The only thing I could figure out was, "When you do not know what the future holds, and how life is going to turn out, it can sometimes make you shake in your boots a little".

As I combed my hair, the man on the radio in the other room broke through my thoughts as a scripture he quoted got my attention......Isa. 41:10 "Fear not , for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you..." I was immediately given peace from the Word of God!

A few minutes later I called a place of business and talked to a young lady, and just as I was going to hang up I asked her name. She answered me with a "happy, confident tone" in her voice as she told me her name...."My name is HOPE"!! I got up from my desk and was once again amazed at how God speaks to us when we need a "word from Him". God had focused my attention on Him as the girl I didn't know spoke her name. HOPE....it's wonderful to have the God of hope in my life! Romans 15:13..."Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost."

I went back to the bedroom to finish dressing. The radio was still on and I heard a minister as he introduced the scripture he would be teaching from. I was stopped in my tracks as he said, "Today I want to draw your attention to this passage of scripture....Isa. 41:10...."FEAR NOT, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you...."

I knew God had spoken to me THREE times that "uncertain morning", and I could go into the day KNOWING He was with me, and I had no reason to feel uncertain about the future. HE is my "future" and when He's in control there is "peace that passeth all understanding".

God knows how....

5 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

What wonderful news! What God has done in your lives has given me inspiration - and then this song came to mind:

"Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future..."

Blessings always!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you all..You are blessed.
Anon 4

Gayla said...

I know exactly what you are talking about. Time after time, when we need a word from God, He delivers from the most unsuspected sources! I love that about HIM!

Congratulations on your good news!

Kevin Hopper said...

God always know what we need and when we need it! Praise God!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news. He is an on time God!

Faithful Reader