Sunday, October 29, 2006

This Could Be the Day!

I woke up this morning and received a text message from one of our high school teachers asking me to pray because the school was "locked down" and they didn't have an idea "why". Of course, I let her know I would pray right "now". Then, I received an email from a lady in our church that said, "What a beautiful morning! The wind is blowing and the temperature is just right!" Two different scenarios happening so early in the day, and I started thinking.....my husband and I use to sing a song that said "What a beautiful day for the Lord to come again. What a beautiful day for Him to take His children home. How I long to see his face and to touch His nail scarred hands. What a beautiful day for the Lord to come again." Wouldn't it be great if Jesus decided to step out on the clouds today and take us home? I don't know when He will return, but I know I want to see Him. The way I see Him in this life is when I spend time with Him each day. He is saying to us all, "Stop, take a little time to be in My presence, and I will give you REST!" Sometimes we need to have our own "lock down" with our precious Lord. He is waiting......patiently.

No comments: